7 Marathons on 7 Continents
I finally decided what marathons I’m going to run in the next five years to raise money and fund more schools. ❤ I’ve been going back and forth with few of them. It’s amazing how many beautiful races are out there!
See picture below – it’s got all the marathons that I am planning to run on the 7 Continents. I will probably run few more in America, but these main 7 are going to count towards completing my dream of running a marathon on each Continent.
Here are few reasons why I chose these 7 marathons:
- Chicago Marathon – first city I landed when I came to America.
- Reykjavik Marathon – 2 more weeks until I run in Iceland!!! Always wanted to see this country. Also, Bobby Fisher (best chess player of all time in my opinion) is buried there. I must go see his grave and the arena in which Bobby played against Boris Spassky in the most famous World Chess Championship of all time in 1972. He won the World title.
- Torres del Paine National Park Marathon – I love how the organizers plant a tree in honor of the first 1000 runners. I have to be in those first 1000 runners 🙂 I will name the tree – run2buildschools – ❤
- The Great Wall of China Marathon – well, when i saw this existed i thought to myself – “I have to run this one”. So it made my list. I am going to tackle 5,164 steps into history and one of the World’s most famous landmarks. It’s going to be a pretty awesome experience!
5. Antarctica Marathon – not many races to choose from on this Continent 🙂 Already registered for 2018! So pumped.
6. Victoria Falls Marathon – This marathon crosses the Zambezi River which is the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia. The course also goes through a game park where runners are bound to see some African Wildlife. I’ll go to Africa – I can’t wait. I will also build a school in Africa one day.
7. Great Ocean Road Marathon – Australia’s iconic Great Ocean Road! I can’t wait to run this marathon and complete this beautiful journey I am about to embark on. The best is that it’s the week of my birthday – May 13!!!
I am so HAPPY! I can’t stop but wonder how many schools will we build? How many lives will we impact? It think it’s going to be pretty amazing! Thank you so much for all the love and support. ❤ It means the world to me.